Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rob Zombie Strikes Deal to Direct, Produce, and Write "Halloween" Remake!


Well color me totally wrong for my theory in yesterday's "Halloween" story, where I mentioned that I didn't think Rob Zombie directing a new "Halloween" film meant we'd be seeing a remake. Rob Zombie recently confirmed on his official My Space blog, that the new "Halloween" film which he will be writing, producing, and directing will indeed be a remake.


From Rob Zombie's Official MySpace...


Okay here's the real deal for those of you who are confused. As I said yesterday - I am not making Halloween 9. That series is done, complete, over.


But what I am doing is starting totally from from scratch. This the new HALLOWEEN. Call it a remake, an update, a reimaging or whatever, but one thing that for sure is this is a whole new start... a new beginning with no connection to the other series. That is exactly why the project appeals to me. I can take it and run with it.


I talked to John Carpenter about this the other day and he said, "Go for it, Rob. Make it your own". And that's exactly what I intend to do.


So that's that, it looks like we have a Halloween remake on the way next year. I don't know who I'm more disappointed in for doing this, but I think it's Rob Zombie. I know Dimension will do anything to make a buck (The non-stop "Hellraiser" sequels are proof of that) but for a guy who's a fan of horror, how can you possibly agree to remaking a classic like "Halloween"? Especially since it's what a majority of horror fans would call a damn near flawless horror film? I don't know about you guys, but I for one am not happy about this news at all.








Nikki Jones at Horror Movies & stuff Horror Movies &stuff

No comments: